SUSANNE KORD IN THE MEDIA
- Interview with The New York Times for 'In "The Innocents," Kids Behaving Deadly,' by Erik Piepenburg (published April 2022)
- Interview with The Guardian for 'Eddie Munster and me: the secret lives of spooky, sinister screen children', by Sirin Kale (published 16 June 2021)
- "Horror Films as Guilt Trips on an Ethical Mission." Interview with 'In Search of Europe.' YouTube
- Lecture "Venomous Women: Poison Murderesses in Nineteenth-Century Germany" featured in Drama on One, RTE Radio 1, Dublin, Ireland. Broadcast 28 May, 2017, 8PM.
- Interviewed for "Need More Magic in Your Life?" by Francesca Brown, Stylist Magazine, 14 November 2016 (print and online).
- Featured research project "In Detail" in Times Higher Education, 12 February 2015 (print and online).
- Interviewed for documentary "Why Horror?", dir. Nicolas Kleiman and Rob Lindsay. Release date 31 October 2014.
- Interviewed for the contribution "Briten lernen zu wenige Sprachen," Heute, ZDF. Aired 20 November 2013.
- Interviewed for a documentary on Georg Büchner, BBC 3 Sunday Feature. Aired 13 February 2011.
- Expert guest on In Our Time, hosted by Melwyn Bragg, BBC Radio 4, on the German Sturm und Drang. Aired 14 October 2010.
- Speaker at 'The Art of Revolution', Platform for the matinee performance of Georg Büchner's Danton's Death, The Royal National Theatre, 18 September 2010.
- Expert guest on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3, on the meaning of Faust in various cultures. Aired 14 September 2010.
- UCL Lunch Hour Lecture: 'Venomous Women: Poison Murderesses in 19th-Century Germany.' 23 February 2010. Listen to the lecture on youtube or read a review from the Wellcome Trust
- "Orient Express." The Times Literary Supplement. 18/25 December 2009. 8-9.
- "Why Doesn't Britain Trust Its Academics?" With W. Daniel Wilson, Leonard Olschner, and Robert Weninger. Homo Oeconomicus 24.1 (2007): 255-257. Shorter version published as "Drowning in bureaucracy." The Guardian, 27 December 2006.
- Interview with Schmidt: London's Only German Magazine (Who's Who Section), October 2005.
- Featured Guest on radio show, “Battle of the Books,” Series “What’s the Word,” with a topic on the German Enlightenment and Storm and Stress. Aired December, 2003, National Public Radio, 27 states, USA.
- Featured Article in Der Spiegel (December 2001), by Andrea Leiber: “Professorin Susanne Kord.”
- Biographical article, photo, and poetry in: Nordamerikanische Wochen-Post 22 (March 11-17, 1995), The Supplement, p. B2.
- Radio show on Kord's book Ein Blick hinter die Kulissen, Swiss National Radio, Series “Best Books.” Oct. 5, 1993. (Included a 1/2 hour interview with Kord about the book). Aired October 19, 1993.
- Interviews on various cultural or literary subjects in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times.
- Regular reviewer for and contributor to The Times Literary Supplement.